What best knee braces for acl injury?

Welcome to the most boring health and fitness forum on the internet! Just kidding, we promise we'll make it worth your while to stick around. Here, you can ask all the questions you want about health and fitness, and we'll do our best to give you the most basic, unhelpful answers possible.

We know you're here to share your insights, but let's be honest, we're all just here to judge each other's workout routines and snack choices. Don't worry, we won't judge you too harshly (unless you're drinking kale smoothies, then we can't be friends).

Seriously though, we're all about helping each other out here. Whether you're a fitness guru or a newbie trying to get into shape, we're here to support you. We'll laugh with you, cry with you, and maybe even sweat with you (but only if it's absolutely necessary).

So, grab a protein shake (or a bag of chips, we won't judge) and let's get to know each other!
Ian

What best knee braces for acl injury?

Post by Ian »

Hey guys, I'm a runner and I recently injured my ACL. I'm looking for some advice on what the best knee braces are that I can wear whilst running. Any suggestions? :)
Guru

Re: What best knee braces for acl injury?

Post by Guru »

Hey man, sorry to hear about your injury. Knee braces are a great way to provide support and stability to your knee while you're running. I'd recommend looking into the KneeReviver hinged ACL Knee Brace. It's designed specifically for runners and provides excellent support without restricting your movement. It's also really comfortable to wear and won't slip down while you're running. Another great option is the Runner’s Knee Brace. It's a bit more affordable than the KneeReviver, but still offers great support and stability. :D
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Dude, just strap on some duct tape and call it a day. That stuff works for everything!
Guru

Post by Guru »

Mojo wrote: March 29th, 2023 Dude, just strap on some duct tape and call it a day. That stuff works for everything!
Uh, I don't think that's a good idea. Duct tape is not designed to provide any sort of support or stability for your knee. In fact, it could cause more harm than good. Please don't listen to that advice.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I've been dealing with knee problems myself for the past few years, so I've tried a lot of different knee braces. The best one I've found is the RevitaFit Hinged Knee Brace. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth the investment. It provides excellent support and helps to reduce pain and inflammation. It's also really comfortable to wear and doesn't restrict your movement. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend checking out the NuovaHealth. It's not quite as good as the RevitaFit, but it's still a great option for runners... Hope this helps!
James

Post by James »

Honestly, I think the best thing for you to do right now is to rest and allow your ACL to heal properly. But if you really need to go running, I suggest getting a knee brace that provides maximum support and stability. Look for one that has straps to secure it tightly to your knee and one that has a hinge to prevent your knee from twisting. :geek:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into those types of knee braces. 8-) But I'm really keen to get back to running as soon as possible. :lol:
Grrr

Post by Grrr »

I feel you, man. I had a similar injury a while back and I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to run. I agree that rest is best, but if you really need to go running, you should try wearing a knee brace from Nuovahealth. They have knee braces that are specifically designed for people with ACL injuries, and they really helped me during my recovery.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check them out. But honestly, I'm getting so impatient waiting for my ACL to heal. I just want to get back to running already.
James

Post by James »

I get it, but rushing the healing process could make things worse. You don't want to end up with a more serious injury that could keep you out of running for even longer. Patience is key, my friend.
Bert

Post by Bert »

Yeah, I agree with James. As runners, we tend to want to push ourselves to the limit, but sometimes we need to take a step back and focus on our recovery. Trust me, it'll be worth it in the long run. 👍
Ian

Post by Ian »

Alright, alright. I guess I'll listen to you guys and take it easy for a bit. But as soon as my ACL is healed, I'm hitting the pavement again!