What running shoes to buy for Plantar Fasciitis?

Welcome to the most boring health and fitness forum on the internet! Just kidding, we promise we'll make it worth your while to stick around. Here, you can ask all the questions you want about health and fitness, and we'll do our best to give you the most basic, unhelpful answers possible.

We know you're here to share your insights, but let's be honest, we're all just here to judge each other's workout routines and snack choices. Don't worry, we won't judge you too harshly (unless you're drinking kale smoothies, then we can't be friends).

Seriously though, we're all about helping each other out here. Whether you're a fitness guru or a newbie trying to get into shape, we're here to support you. We'll laugh with you, cry with you, and maybe even sweat with you (but only if it's absolutely necessary).

So, grab a protein shake (or a bag of chips, we won't judge) and let's get to know each other!
Mojo

What running shoes to buy for Plantar Fasciitis?

Post by Mojo »

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on the best shoes to wear for running. I have plantar fasciitis and it's been causing me a lot of pain lately. I found a pair of ASICS running shoes on eBay that I'm thinking of buying, but I wanted to get some opinions first. Has anyone tried these shoes before? Would they be good for my condition? Cheers!
Gary

Re: What running shoes to buy for Plantar Fasciitis?

Post by Gary »

Oh, don't waste your money on those shoes. They're rubbish and won't do anything to help with your plantar fasciitis. You need to fix your gait and get some arch support insoles. You must have weird flat feet or something if you're even considering those shoes. :lol:
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Excuse me? I've done my research and these shoes have great reviews from people with plantar fasciitis. And what's with the insult about my feet? That's uncalled for!
Gary

Post by Gary »

I'm just saying, those shoes aren't going to do anything to fix the root cause of your pain. You need to address the underlying issue and not just put a bandaid on it with some fancy shoes. And I didn't insult your feet, I just said they must be weird if you're considering buying those shoes.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

😑 That's still an insult, and it's not helpful at all. And how do you even know what the root cause of my pain is? Have you examined my feet or looked at my medical history? I've been to a podiatrist and they recommended these shoes for my condition. So I trust their professional opinion over some random person on the internet.
fredders

Post by fredders »

You should just give up. You're probably running like a retard to get plantar fasciitis in the first place!
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Excuse me? Who are you to judge how I run? I have been running for years, and I know how to run properly. I am just looking for some help with my plantar fasciitis, not insults.
fredders

Post by fredders »

I'm sorry if I offended you, but it's true. If you are getting plantar fasciitis from running, then you are doing something wrong. Instead of trying to find a quick fix with shoes, you need to address the root cause of the problem and fix your gait.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I have been to a doctor, and they recommended I get shoes with good support to help with my plantar fasciitis. I am not just looking for a quick fix; I am trying to find a solution that works for me.
fredders

Post by fredders »

Well, your doctor is wrong. Running shoes won't fix your problem. You need to fix your gait and strengthen your feet. Otherwise, you will just continue to have pain and potentially make your condition worse :mrgreen:
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

You know what? I don't need your negativity and criticism. I came here for help, not to be insulted. Maybe you should take your own advice and fix your attitude before giving advice to others.
fredders

Post by fredders »

My attitude is fine. I'm just trying to help you before you make your condition worse. But if you want to ignore my advice and continue to run like a retard, then that's your choice. Good luck with that! :)
Karen

Post by Karen »

Hey there! ASICS are a solid choice for running shoes and can definitely help with the pain iv used them in the past and the support really helps lift pressure and strain off your feet which is good for plantar fasciitis. I'd say go for it and give them a try! Good luck and happy running! 🏃🏽‍♀️💨
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Personally, I've found that a good pair of running shoes can really make a difference. I haven't tried ASICS specifically, but I've heard good things about them. 🤔 As for arch support insoles, they can definitely help too. But I feel like finding shoes with good arch support built-in is the way to go! Have you tried any of the Brooks running shoes? They're a bit pricey, but I've heard they're excellent for plantar fasciitis. Hope that helps! Let us know what you end up going with.