Review: Avoid Hummingbird Pro!

Got an uncontainable rant bubbling up? Or a review that could sway the tide of public opinion? This is just the spot for you!

It's like a cozy little digital soapbox where you can shout out your opinions into the ether. Who knows? You might just help someone dodge a dud product or find their new favourite thing. Or... well, maybe no one will notice your post at all. But hey, we're all mad here, so it's okay to talk to yourself!

Ever wondered if your opinion really matters? Well, we can't promise it does, but we sure as heck won't stop you from sharing. So, pull up a virtual chair, grab your digital megaphone, and let your voice echo through our cyber halls.

Come join our friendly, sarcastic, and slightly unhinged community. Because frankly, we could all use a bit more chaos in our lives, right? Who needs peace and quiet when you've got rants to make and reviews to break?
Damon

Review: Avoid Hummingbird Pro!

Post by Damon »

Bought myself this Hummingbird Pro Wordpress plugin from WPMU DEV, see? Thought I'd give a leg up to me old website, especially since I run a Woocommerce site.

Now, I'm not a nincompoop. I set the thing up properly, ticked all the right boxes. But, blow me down if it didn't start causin' all sorts of cock-ups. One day it's a weird bug on me product page, next day it's the checkout page gone to the dogs. Customers tryin' to place orders and gettin' nowt but error messages.

Here's the kicker - even if you strip the thing down to its knickers, make it so it's barely doin' more than takin' up space, it still causes a ruckus.

And oh, the damage done. Because of this blasted plugin, I've lost more than 20 orders and it's run me up a bill of £400 in wasted ad spend. For a small operation like mine, that's a kick in the cods I can ill afford. This plugin was meant to improve my conversions not demolish them!

But wait, there's more. Decided to give their Smush Pro plugin a whirl, hoping for better luck. But no dice. The image compression and conversion to that fancy webp format is an absolute disaster. My beautiful images, transformed into pixelated monstrosities. It's a shame, a crying shame.

So, I'm done with it. Cancelling my WPMU Pro subscription as we speak. I'm through throwing good money after bad. Let this serve as a warning to others out there - steer clear of these plugins, or prepare for a ton of stress and loss of sales.

If there's anyone out there who's had similar misfortune, do share your experiences...