Do animals have empathy?

Welcome to our humble abode, where we encourage you to waste your precious time on our forum with pointless chit chat. We don't discriminate against any topic, so feel free to let your thoughts wander aimlessly.

Our community is made up of a bunch of friendly peeps who love to chat and share their opinions. We don't judge here, except for people who put pineapple on their pizza (just kidding, we still love you...kind of). We're all about inclusivity, so whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or even a pineapple-on-pizza person, you're welcome here.

So, what are you waiting for? Come join us and be a part of our crazy conversations. Who knows, you might just make some new friends (or enemies, but hey, that's life). Just remember, life is too short to take everything seriously, so let's laugh and chat our way through it together.
Ian

Do animals have empathy?

Post by Ian »

Alright, I've been wondering about this for a while now - just how clever are animals, and do they really have empathy? I mean, my cat certainly seems to be plotting something most of the time, but I'm not so sure about the empathy part...
JimmyJazz

Re: Do animals have empathy?

Post by JimmyJazz »

From what I've read, animals are quite intelligent in their own ways. Dolphins, for example, are known for their problem-solving skills. As for empathy, I reckon it varies from species to species. Even in humans, empathy isn't a given, now is it? :P
Guru

Post by Guru »

Mate, have you ever seen a dog? They're empathetic as hell. My mutt comes to comfort me whenever I'm down. And clever? Try hiding a treat from him. No chance.
dave33

Post by dave33 »

I totally believe animals are smart and empathetic, man. Ever watched a crow solve a puzzle? Or a gorilla learning sign language? And don't even get me started on elephants mourning their dead. It's like, totally profound, you know?