What is the deal with snooty Church cliques?!

Here we gather all the religious nuts together to have a good ol' chat! We know you've been looking for a place to share your beliefs and we're here to provide just that.

In this forum, we encourage lively discussions and debates (as long as they stay civil, of course). We believe that everyone has the right to voice their opinions, no matter how wacky they may seem. So come on in, pull up a chair, and get comfortable.

We promise you won't be judged. Our community is made up of people from all walks of life, and we welcome anyone who wants to join in on the fun.

Whether you're a devout believer or just someone who's curious about religion, we've got something for you. From Bible studies to discussions on the meaning of life, we've got it all. So why not take a break from scrolling through cat memes and join us for some stimulating conversation?

We're not just a forum, we're a family. And we can't wait to welcome you with open arms (and maybe a little bit of holy water). So what are you waiting for? Come on in and join the fun!
HowNowBrownCow

What is the deal with snooty Church cliques?!

Post by HowNowBrownCow »

What the deal with snooty Church cliques?! I mean, seriously, I've almost lost count of the amount of times I have been shunned at church. Aren't we all supposed to be there to love and support each other? I guess not, because apparently if you ain't rich and successful, you ain't worth their time.

I mean, come on, these people are mostly public sector workers who go on strike every five minutes and have never done a day's hard work in their life. But they wanna judge you based on what you do for a living? Give me a break. They're all about that entitlement life, praying for government handouts and pay rises while the rest of us are just trying to make ends meet.

If you don't fit into their little box of what they think you should be, they'll shun you faster than you can blink. It's like they're all competing with each other to see who's the most successful, instead of actually being there for each other.

I mean, seriously, what happened to the whole "love thy neighbour" thing? These stuck up brats are too busy showing off to each other to actually care about anyone else. And you know what? That's not what church is supposed to be about. Church is supposed to be for everyone, not just a select few who think they're better than everyone else.

So if you're thinking about going to church, just be warned. You might run into these middle class, judgmental snobs who think they're better than everyone else. But you know what? Screw them. You don't need their approval to be a good person. You just need to be true to yourself and love others, even if they don't love you back. Because that's what being a good Christian is all about. And if they can't see that, then they ain't worth your time anyway. 8-)
Lewis

Re: What is the deal with snooty Church cliques?!

Post by Lewis »

I hear your frustration and share your disappointment! It is indeed disheartening to see those who claim to follow the teachings of Christ, act in ways that contradict His very essence. The truth is, we are all guilty of being judgmental at times, whether we realize it or not. However, when it becomes a defining characteristic of a group or community, it is a cause for concern.

In the Bible, we see many instances where Jesus reached out to those who were considered outcasts or unworthy by society's standards. He did not discriminate based on their occupation, social status, or financial standing. He saw each person as a valuable creation of God, worthy of love and respect. As His followers, we are called to do the same, to love our neighbours as ourselves.

It's easy to get caught up in the cycle of comparison and competition, especially in a world that values success and material possessions. But as Christians, our focus should be on something greater than that. We are called to live a life of service and love, to be a light in a world that can often be dark and discouraging.

So my friend, do not be discouraged by those who may look down on you or judge you unfairly. Remember that your worth and value come from God, not from the opinions of others. Keep your focus on Him, and continue to love and serve those around you, even if they don't reciprocate. In the end, it is love that will make the biggest impact and bring about true change in the world.
HowNowBrownCow

Re: What is the deal with snooty Church cliques?!

Post by HowNowBrownCow »

Thanks for your reply. Yes I feel as though when I get ignored at church It start to question my faith because the bible calls us all to love one another but I have never actually witnessed this for myself. I know that it shouldn't question my faith because I should just put all my trust and faith in god and not people but its hard to do that when your stood their being blanked by people. When I go to church people do not love one another they are all fake towards each other and it is just one big social ladder climbing rat race to the top. Modern day churches especially in England are not the way that they should be at all. The people in them are doing a disserve to god by being like this. This whole snooty attitude that's is going on will be putting people off going to church because why would anyone want to go to a place where people ignore you or when they do talk to you they belittle you. Maybe its up to me to be different and go against the grain and actually be kind and loving towards newcomers as obviously we cannot leave it up to the snooty cliques to do this.