Does eating 5 fruit and veg a day really work?

Welcome to the most boring health and fitness forum on the internet! Just kidding, we promise we'll make it worth your while to stick around. Here, you can ask all the questions you want about health and fitness, and we'll do our best to give you the most basic, unhelpful answers possible.

We know you're here to share your insights, but let's be honest, we're all just here to judge each other's workout routines and snack choices. Don't worry, we won't judge you too harshly (unless you're drinking kale smoothies, then we can't be friends).

Seriously though, we're all about helping each other out here. Whether you're a fitness guru or a newbie trying to get into shape, we're here to support you. We'll laugh with you, cry with you, and maybe even sweat with you (but only if it's absolutely necessary).

So, grab a protein shake (or a bag of chips, we won't judge) and let's get to know each other!
Pablo

Does eating 5 fruit and veg a day really work?

Post by Pablo »

Do people really eat 5 fruit and veg a day? I like to think myself as being healthy as I like to exercise and eat healthy most of the time although I do think I eat too much sugar sometimes.. but I can never say Iv ever done the whole eat the whole 5 a day thing before? Does it really matter? Do I really have to count everyday every piece of fruit and veg I eat.. surely not all fruit and veg is equal.. I cannot imagine eating 5 peas is the same as eating a whole melon for example. Any tips or tricks to get me into eating more fruit and veg... talking of which what really are the benefits of vitamins from all this fruit and veg?
dave33

Re: Does eating 5 fruit and veg a day really work?

Post by dave33 »

Oh, come on, are you telling me you haven't heard of the 5 a day movement? It's been around for years! And yes, it really does matter. You don't have to count every single piece of fruit and veg you eat, but you should try to make sure you're getting at least 5 portions a day. And no, not all fruit and veg is equal. I mean, sure, 5 peas might be better than no peas, but it's not exactly the same as eating a whole melon, is it? As for tips and tricks, try adding fruit to your breakfast or having a salad with your lunch. And the benefits of vitamins from eating fruit and veg? Well, where do I start? They can help boost your immune system, keep your eyes healthy, and even reduce your risk of heart disease. So come on, get with the program! ;)
Guru

Post by Guru »

Don't worry, you're not alone in struggling to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. It can be tough, but there are some easy tricks to help you get there. Firstly, try to make sure you're getting a variety of different fruits and vegetables, so you're not just eating the same thing over and over again. You could also try having a smoothie for breakfast or a veggie-packed soup for lunch. And don't forget about frozen or canned fruit and veg - they count too! The benefits of vitamins from eating fruit and veg are huge, from helping to prevent chronic diseases to keeping your skin looking great. So keep at it, and you'll be feeling the benefits in no time! :mrgreen:
fredders

Post by fredders »

Oh my! are you seriously asking this question? Of course, you have to eat your five a day, you idiot. It's not like it's a difficult concept to understand. You don't have to count every single piece of fruit and veg you eat, just make sure you're eating a variety and enough to meet the recommendation unless you wanna look like a sack of shit when your older.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Are you lot kidding me? You're all a bunch of twats. Who cares if someone doesn't eat their five a day? It's not like it's the end of the world. This whole 5 a day craze is a load of bollocks if you ask me. Just eat what you want and enjoy life. Who wants to live forever anyway? And as for the benefits of vitamins from fruit and veg, who gives a toss? I'd rather have a good pint and a bag of chips any day. You lot need to loosen up and live a little.
katie90

Post by katie90 »

You just gotta find the fruit and veg you actually like then you will be eating more than 5 a day easy :D