How to preach to a lost family member?

Here we gather all the religious nuts together to have a good ol' chat! We know you've been looking for a place to share your beliefs and we're here to provide just that.

In this forum, we encourage lively discussions and debates (as long as they stay civil, of course). We believe that everyone has the right to voice their opinions, no matter how wacky they may seem. So come on in, pull up a chair, and get comfortable.

We promise you won't be judged. Our community is made up of people from all walks of life, and we welcome anyone who wants to join in on the fun.

Whether you're a devout believer or just someone who's curious about religion, we've got something for you. From Bible studies to discussions on the meaning of life, we've got it all. So why not take a break from scrolling through cat memes and join us for some stimulating conversation?

We're not just a forum, we're a family. And we can't wait to welcome you with open arms (and maybe a little bit of holy water). So what are you waiting for? Come on in and join the fun!
Matt

How to preach to a lost family member?

Post by Matt »

Hey!

My bro, who I love to pieces, is a godless heathen who likes to drink, swear, and do all sorts of other immoral things. As a devout follower of god, I feel like it's my duty to spread the good word and try to save his soul from eternal damnation. But I'm not sure how to go about it without getting on his nerves or damaging our relationship.

I know that living a life without Jesus is like playing Russian roulette with your soul. I don't want my bro to end up in the fiery pits of hell just because he likes to party a little too hard. Plus, if I could convince him to come to Christ, it could change his whole life for the better.

But on the other hand, I don't want to come off as some Bible-thumping jerk who's trying to shove my beliefs down his throat. I'm afraid he'll think less of me or get mad at me for trying to change him. And who knows, maybe he'll reject the message altogether and I'll have torpedoed our relationship for nothing.

I'm at a loss here, y'all. Should I take the leap of faith and share the gospel with him, or just hope that he'll eventually see the light on his own? I'm praying for some divine guidance, but I could use some advice from some earthly folks too?

Cheers!
Lewis

Re: How to preach to a lost family member?

Post by Lewis »

I understand the predicament you find yourself in. It can be difficult to share the gospel with loved ones without coming across as pushy or judgmental. However, we must remember that it is our duty as followers of Christ to spread the good news and share the love of God with those around us.

As the NIV bible says in Mark 16:15, "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'" We are called to share the gospel with everyone, even those closest to us.

But how do we do this without damaging our relationships? Well, first and foremost, we must approach the situation with love and humility. As Proverbs 15:1 reminds us, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

We must also be willing to listen to our loved ones and respect their beliefs, even if they differ from our own. As 1 Peter 3:15 says, "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

It's important to remember that we cannot force anyone to accept the gospel. As the NIV bible says in John 6:44, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them." We can only plant the seed and trust that God will work in their hearts.

So, I encourage you to have a conversation with your brother about your faith and why it is important to you. But do so with love and respect, and be willing to listen to his perspective as well. And most importantly, trust in God's plan for his life and continue to pray for him. It is none us who converts or saves people from hell it is god. As Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.".

Hope this helps :)